Sengkangbabies camped in Queensland's Gold Coast for 8 Days and 7 Nights. Gold Coast is a lifestyle destination by itself, and is Australia's premier playground and entertainment hub.
Australia is Hugh. We flew into Brisbane, which is Queensland's capital.
- Gold Coast is 60 km south
- Sydney is 900km south
- Great Barrier Reef (Cairns) is 1600km North !!
- 1 730 0000 SQ km, Singapore only 650 Sq Km
- Queensland has less than 5 million residents !!
- refer to map below for some of the popular attractions
** please refer to end of page for more links and tips on Gold Coast
We will be blogging about our daily adventures over the coming days,
refer to our Itinerary (thanks to Mummy's friend Auntie Shirley).
Sat (day 1)
- am - arrival
- pm - Glow worm @ Natural Bridge
Sun (day 2)
- am - Carrara market (http://www.carraramarkets.com.au/)
- pm - Harbour Town shopping (http://www.harbourtownshopping.com.au)
Mon (day 3)
- am - Paradise Country (farm) (http://paradisecountry.myfun.com.au)
- pm - qDeck 77th (http://www.qdeck.com.au)
Tue (day 4)
- MovieWorld (http://movieworld.myfun.com.au/)
Wed (day 5)
- Seaworld (http://seaworld.myfun.com.au/)
Thu (day 6)
- DreamWorld (http://www.dreamworld.com.au/)
Fri (day 7) - head to Brisbane for one night
- am- Queensland Museum Southbank (http://www.southbank.qm.qld.gov.au/)
- pm- Citycat river cruise (http://www.brisbaneinformation.com.au/information/brisbane/transport/brisbane-citycat-and-cityferry.html )
Ok, after the above overview, are you excited?
We left Changi and arrive at Brisbane morning 0630, after 7 hours flight.
Our Hotel, Marriort Courtyard, is 45 min away, and smack at the center of Gold Coast.
After checkin, we quickly search for our breakfast.
Video : City View
Lesson #1 - the meals portion are Hugh,
and we can expect French Fries at every meal!
Where is our famous Gold Coast surfers Paradise? We spotted sexy bikini girls and tail them. They must be going to the beach, right?
We got our postcard pictures to show our folks back home. Cool.
The Wind and Waves never stop! So many tourists line the beach!
Video : Surfers Paradise
The whole day was a cool 20 degree. Aircon weather !
Cavill Avenue and Hard Rock Cafe's big Guitar is at our foot step.
Restaurants and convenience stores jostle for attention ! So much variety.
In the evening, we head out to catch some Glow Worms.
Lesson #2 - the Sun sets at 5pm in Gold Coast, the days are short !!
Our Glow Worm site is at Natural Bridge.
Glow Worms line the ceiling, and you can view the blue or green lights. Mesmerizing.
Since no tripod, and our DSLR cannot afford to wait too long for exposure,
Daddy suggest we look at this video clip.
Still clueless about Glowworm?
Click for wiki explanation.
**Tips on theme park tickets :
Tickets can be purchased online at http://myfun.com.au/ or at most hotel lobby.
Please get the bundle multiple-themepark tickets for Families, to maximise your dollar
Research links and credits :
Above SeaWorld map taken from http://seaworld.myfun.com.au
Feel free to visit Sengkangbabies Gold Coast explorations!
No Swimming at Surfers Paradise??
Day 1 - GoldCoast Arrival and Glow Worm
Day 2 - Shopping - Carrara Markets and Harbour Town
Day 3am - Paradise Country Farm, pet a animal or two
Day 3pm - Qdeck 77th
Day 4 - Movie World
Day 5 - Sea World
Day 6 - Dream World
Day 7 - Brisbane (wip)